Time: 4 minutes
- Coarsely grind coffee to the consistency of kosher salt – use 2 tablespoons for every 6 ounces of water (or 48 grams for a 24-ounce French press)
- Preheat press with boiling water.
- Dump water and add coffee.
- Set your timer for 4 min and start countdown when you begin pouring.
- After pouring, stir pot 5-6 times.
- Compress plunger just enough to completely submerge the coffee.
- After four minutes, slowly compress the plunger.
- Drink and enjoy.
- For a brighter cup, skim the floating grounds with a spoon before pressing down the plunger.