Time: Overnight These are instructions for making cold brew using a Toddy brewer, but you can make cold brew in nearly any container. Simply pour the finished brew through a paper filter to remove grounds.
- Grind coffee on a coarse setting.
- Since you’re making a concentrate, use 12 ounces of coffee and 56 ounces of water.
- Insert stopper in bottom of brew container.
- Rinse filter and place it in indent in bottom of brew container.
- Add 1 cup cold water to the brewer.
- Add 6 ounces of ground coffee.
- Slowly pour 3 cups of water over coffee; try to evenly wet coffee.
- Add 6 more ounces of ground coffee, repeat above step.
- Gently submerge floating grounds with a spoon, but do not stir.
- Place container in refrigerator and steep for 12 hours.
- Place brew container over glass vessel and remove stopper. When drained, remove & rinse filter.
- Dilute 1:1 with cold water and serve over ice. Concentrate keeps in the fridge for 7 days.
- Pro tip: pour cold brew into your ice tray for a final product with extra strength.