Time: 2-3 minutes
- Fill the basket with coffee ground to a consistency slightly coarser than espresso grind (fine drip setting)
- Bring water to a boil in a separate kettle.
- Dispense freshly ground coffee into the basket and level off with your finger.
- Transfer boiling water into bottom chamber of pot; make sure not to fill above the steam valve.
- Insert basket and, using a towel, screw on top chamber, but don’t over-tighten.
- Turn heat onto medium-low and with the lid open, stand in suspense — don’t melt your handle!
- When you hear a “gurgling”, close the lid and place the pot on a cold, wet towel – this halts extraction and creates a sweeter brew.
- Pour all of the coffee out of the pot shortly after brewing. Drink and enjoy.
- Completely rinse and scrub all areas of pot with a soft sponge after each use, but never use soap, as this will give the next cup that’s brewed a metallic taste.